Originally an eBook, I decided it would be advantageous to freely share this incredibly valuable resource I’ve created for you to help you overcome discomfort and shyness.
If you are a live human and not a robot, you will find this guide beneficial for you.
We all face uncomfortable obstacles on a daily basis. It can be related to our work, relationships, finance, business, you name it, we’ve felt the butterflies.
Here I am going to share 25 ways to expand your comfort zone and overcome challenging obstacles:
- Put your hand up and ask your superior to clarify something.
- Take part in a club locally via meetup.com.
- Ask to be the leader on your team’s next project.
- Go to the mall and tell a cashier they look pretty/handsome (warm-up: say hello and smile to the cashier).
- Start a passion project that pushes your skill level.
- Go to the next local event on eventbrite.com.
- Speak in front of your friends, team or customers.
- Wear mismatched socks.
- Compliment five different people on their clothing in one day.
- Talk to your stranger-neighbour (next door, on a train, etc.).
- Try something you’ve never tried each Saturday.
- Turn off your electronics for 24 hours.
- Find 3 opposite-sex friends to learn socially from a fresh perspective.
- Walk around the block and say hello to everyone you meet.
- Hike a trail.
- Reach out to 3 Facebook friends you haven’t chatted with for over a year. Script: hey John, it’s been awhile, wondered if you wanted to catch up at a local Starbucks?
- Travel to a new place (nearby or country).
- Give critical feedback.
- Change your story (I am Negative Nancy to I am Nice Nancy…Timid Trev to Triumphant Trev).
- Change your mindset (can’t to can, won’t to want).
- Ask for a raise (list all the reasons why you are valuable).
- Start saying yes to every invite.
- Network with a support peer.
- Grab an accountability partner to accomplish a goal or break a habit in 30 days.
- Immerse yourself into groups to get away from the computer.