Here are some examples of great marketing that immediately come to mind:
- The backlit Apple logo on Macbooks (every customer automatically becomes a glowing marketer, shame they removed the light).
- Helping people answer their burning questions (permission marketing).
- Quality, thought-provoking content of any kind.
- Freemium models (give them a taste to hook them in).
- All of the tools Google gives away for free.
You’ll notice there is no sales approach here, no pushy, sweaty businessman trying to hold your hand through a funnel. Just great stories, great ideas and great products.