I now only receive one notification from my phone, related to my calendar to-do’s and meetings.
Email notifications are gone, Facebook and social media updates are gone.
In return for being less bothered by those pesky dings every time a new alert comes through, I now have a number of positive benefits from being notified less. They include:
- Distraction-free productivity to do the things that matter.
- Uninterrupted quality time with friends and family.
- Less erratic to-do’s showing up on my phone.
- More autonomy given to others. Colleagues feel empowered to take on the problem-solving and grow from learning.
- Less work, as more colleagues take on the tasks.
Next time you’re flustered, try shutting down your notifications. You’ll find yourself spending less time scrambling and more time doing what you love.