If you are into crocheting or knitting, here are five ways to start your business:
- Master the art of selling key chains to start. Get on Etsy, Facebook Groups, Ravelry, and any other communities where you can share your designs.
- Take photographs and set up a visual Instagram business theme page with the new Shop functionality. Use relevant hashtags for exposure.
- Launch a YouTube channel to record/document your crocheting process. How-to’s and behind-the-scenes content will build you an additional revenue stream (YouTube ads in the long-term), taking you beyond the manual labor and time consumption of physical product creation (because crocheting takes some serious time). Could also link to affiliate products for commissions.
- If you could self-publish guides, crochet “recipe” books, and your journey, then you’ve built another few revenue streams along the way.
- Local workshops. Teach crochet classes at your local library or a church (maybe when live events become a thing again). If you can get 20 people in at $20 a head for one hour, as an example, that’s great business (and potential friendships + long-term customers). Have products on-hand for additional sales.
Just a few ideas to create a business and multiple revenue streams out of crocheting or knitting. Best of luck!